Weather Widget

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Small mat, rug progress

Saturday, August 28, 2010:  
After shopping with my friend yesterday, I started this small piece last night. I used a 5-size canvas, and cut about 1/2" strips from one yard of cotton. I used almost the whole yard of fabric for this.  I didn't like the 5-size as much as the 3.75 canvas, it may be better for yarn or ribbon.  I put the border on, my first time, and now I know more how to border my big rug, or at least I know what not to do.  Since I know how far a yard will go on 5-size canvas, now I want to see how much a yard of fabric will make. It would be nice to be able to estimate what I need for different projects I do.



This is the progress in my big "bear" rug.  I can see the difference in the green fabric, but the other end will be the same, so I think it will be okay.  Also in the picture are the two fabrics for the outside border row and edging. I'm going to use the cotton cord I bought yesterday when I wrap (or whip?) the edges.  It's going to be so great on the floor beside my bed. 
 
This weekend I need to do my usual chores, go to the grocery store, wash some clothes, and make more progress on my locker rug.  I may just cook out on the grill tonight.

My computer seems okay, I have no idea why - or what was wrong or if it's fixed.  But it's okay for now.  /Deb

2 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Deb,
I like the two different greens. It adds interest!
You sure do get a lot done. I guess locker hooking is faster than rughooking with wool strips.
Have a great weekend!

Julia said...

Deb, I'm amazed how much you got done on your locker hooked rug in such a short time. I'm with Pat on the green. It looks like it is in the design intentionally. You put me to shame. Do you like locker hooking more than the hooking with wool strips?

I finally got my edge whipped on my rooster rug but I still have to bind it and press the thing. Computers are good but they take me away from finishing my binding.

Is Renee still working at her bear rug or is she taking a little brake? JB