Weather Widget

Thursday, August 12, 2010

10-minute scenario

Thursday, 8/12/10: 
I'm a member of the 10-minute a day group on the Rug Hooking Daily website.  One of the "rules" of the group is that you hook at least 10 minutes a day.  You know some days you may not be in the mood, or you may be busy, but the promise to keep makes you sit at your hooking frame, grab your hook and a strip of wool, and say to yourself, just 10 minutes.  About an hour later, more or less, you realize what a good time you're having.  It works every time. 

Well today, I had a similar experience. Some of you may already know the concept, but I wanted to share it you just in case.  I was at work and my friend asked me what I had planned for the weekend. I told her that I really wanted to find the motivation to clean out an area in my kitchen.  She was in a hurry to get back to her work and turned to me and said, just do one pile at the time. 
When I got home, I decided to do just that - one pile - the quilts and blankets and sleeping bag and pillow in the chair.  About 2-3 hours later, the area in my kitchen looked so much better and I felt 100 percent better. 

So: 10 minutes a day of hooking, or just one pile to conquer in cleaning.  IT WORKS!  /deb 

P.S.  I also did my 10 minutes (hour) of hooking!  Great day.

No comments: