Weather Widget

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Process

8/1/10 - I am beginning a contemporary design on monk's cloth. I have hemmed the edges with quilting thread. I created my design on the cloth. Now, I will start hooking. One problem may be that I cannot see the whole piece as I am hooking, like I do when painting. I do not have room nor can I afford a larger hooking frame, so this ought to be interesting. I may have to take the piece off the frame often and study it to design the colors as I go. So, off I go a hooking, a hooking, a hooking, off I go a hooking, to see what I can do. 11:00 a.m. I love monk's cloth! It is so kind to my wool and to my hands! I am including silk ribbon in my piece. I have a lot of it from my crazy quilting days. Can't wait to see how it turns out. 9:00 p.m. I've made some progress on my design. It's really fun. I have the center portion on my frame and pick colors that I think will go good next to one another. I lay that color aside so I can remember to use it elsewhere in the piece. I need to figure out what the correct posture position is for rug hooking so my shoulders don't hurt. I left comments on the Rug Hooking Daily for some of the pieces in the Forrest Secret Challenge. Julie B. and I made some funny comments about colors and decor. Nice day with my rug. More next time. /Deb

7 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Deb, I found it! Nice blog! Good to know the background of how you became a hooker. LOL!
I listen to those audio books too. They sure can lead you astray!!!

Deb said...

So glad you dropped in! I want to copy the 10-minute hooker and the RHD logo into my blog - hopefully I'll figure it out soon. Love audio - I can "read" but still hook, quilt, etc.

Julia said...

Hi Deb, I sign in as a Follower of your Blog though I may not be able to find enough time to follow all the blogs postings.

I've been thinking to start a blog of my own but I'm not a good typist, and have to look at the keyboard while typing and I occasionally look up to find that there is nothing on the page. lol. I guess I wouldn't have to blog every days. I'm thinking about it.

I would suggest that you put the dates on your posts and not only the time for reference because you will surely go back at times to recap what has been going on at a particular time.

Have a great day Deb. JB

Deb said...

Great idea thanks - I'm new at this too, but I do type rather fast because my job is a medical transcriptionist. I surely understand about time. Thanks for dropping by though, come by when you can. Now let me go see if I can add some dates. /deb

ShabbySheep said...

Hi Deb, I'm glad you liked your wool! And thanks for following me on my blog and letting me know about yours! I tried to click on the link of my shop though, and it didn't work. You can also use shabbysheepwool.com and it will take you to my Etsy store.
I'm following you now too! I always laugh when I say that. I think it sounds like a stalker!
p.s. Going to dye more wool this week!
Sheri

Deb said...

Sheri - I am so glad you told me - I thought I had checked all the sites. Anyway, I fixed it now. I tried adding a description but couldn't. Nobody really knows about my blog yet - but there's always the future and you never know. I really hope you get some business from it. You wool is super and "ready to hook" !! Thanks for dropping by. /Deb

Julia said...

Hi Deb, it's me again. I think that you have influenced me with your slogan "JUST DO IT " because I just did it. Lol... I started my own blog and although it looks pitiful at the moment I hope that it will look better in the future as I learn my way around.

It's called OF PETALS AND WOOL
http//ofpetalsandwool.blogspot.com/