Weather Widget

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Curves? YES!!!

Saturday, September 18, 2010:
Thanks to Kathy - I now can do curves!


I cut my 36x60 canvas in half.  Last night had done one "L" shape of hooking before I went to bed.  When I got up this morning and read Kathy's comment, I said, okay I can do curves. So, the curves began.  It's silly to feel such excitement when hooking the colorful fabric through the canvas and locking it down. I tore a couple of strips from on of my palette colors, hooked, then picked another fabric, tore 2-3 strips, then designed that into the rug.  I have no idea how it will look when it's done because I am just going with the flow.  I might call this rug "Flowing with the curves" or something like that.  /Deb

3 comments:

KathyB. said...

I knew you could! You are really on a roll here. I think this rug will be finished in no time~ can't wait to see it.

Julia said...

Deb, this looks very promising. If you can make curves then you can make some other design too, right?

I just wanted to thank you so much for your thoughtful gift of your CD. I didn't had time to check the mail yesterday and when I checked it today I was real surprised to find your CD in my mail box. It's beautiful. You are multi talented. Very soothing music to hook by. I was also surprised how much it cost for the shipping to Canada.
Thanks again for the gift. JB

Deb said...

Thanks, I'm glad you like the music Julia. I was surprised by the shipping cost too. I think it has something to do with customs, not sure.
I am very excited about this rug, a very promising future locker hooking. I'm on my way to the store to get some cotton cording (and maybe a yard or so of fabric), so I can do my edges.
/Deb