Weather Widget

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Almost there

Thursday, September 16, 2010:
It's been a rather busy week for me. I have actually taken pictures but haven't taken the time to download them from my camera. I am anxious to finish my second locker hook rug. My brother comes back from his vacation to Maine and New Brunswick and I want to give it to him. I usually give him the first piece of artwork I do in all the mediums I have tried, especially if they turn out nice. I had to keep my first locker-rug though because I made it just for my bedroom. He truly appreciates my handiwork.

Hopefully I will have my second rug finished and will post pictures by Saturday morning. For my third one, I'm thinking about buying 1 yard of ten different fabrics and making sort of a country mix-match type rug. We'll see. I NEED to finish my abstract wool hooking, but the locker hook keeps pulling me to it so - I just go with the flow.

All is well with Renee'. She is slowly managing to work on her new small latch hook rug- the head of a horse in front of a white fence. I want to take a canvas, use watercolor or acrylic to paint squares or a design on it and buy the precut yarn for her to make her next one. We'll see.
Better hit the sack. Tomorrow is Friday - yeah!
/deb

2 comments:

Julia said...

Deb, I'm so anxious to see your second locker hooked rug. You area real work horse when it comes to hooking. Thanks for the advice on drawing, I'll give it a try. I can hardly set a table while standing on the opposite side. lol. I get all mixed up. I'm very tired too I might even miss the bed all together when I throw myself on it. JB

KathyB. said...

It is so nice to have at least one person who can truly appreciate the work of our heart. Your brother probably finds it very easy to love what you create for him. Can't wait to see pictures.